Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chest Cancer Can Lung Cancer Be Detected In A Chest X-ray When You Have Pneumonia?

Can Lung Cancer be detected in a chest x-ray when you have pneumonia? - chest cancer

I recently went to the doctor because she had a persistent cough. Began in early summer, lasted about 6 weeks and went for a month. Then again, my cough and went to the doctor for another time. He took a chest x-ray and CVC. Ultimately, it was concluded that early pneumonia and sent me with Pulmicort Flexhaler. After a few days I was no better, so I went to the doctor and he gave me a Z-pack, some cough medicine disadvantages, and prednisone (sp?). Although my cough seems better, I still get little pains in my chest and my fears turn to lung cancer. My question was, although he is diagnosed with walking pneumonia, the doctor was able to say whether a lung tumor was present in my x-ray or could have been a mistake?

1 comments:

seahorse... said...

Yes, it can be found in a lung X-ray of the chest.

Cough or persistent cough is a symptom of lung cancer. Other symptoms include:

PHEL or coughing up blood
Pain when coughing
Breathlessness

Post a Comment